If philosophic disciplines inevitably transform into science then what is contemporary philosophy?
Uncharitably, a waste of time. Charitably, a prolegomenon to future sciences. Or, as a like to call it, an Oort Cloud:
Your assignment for today: devise scientific experiments that prove or disprove the following:
– Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States.
– It is wrong to kill people based on their ethnic heritage.
– My wife loves me. (Or, alternatively, “your significant other loves you” if that’s easier.)
– Life is worth living.
– You existed five minutes ago.
– Shakespeare’s Hamlet is a good play.
– The war in Iraq was a good idea.
Remember: scientific experiments only!
Science begins with physics, so meta-physics?
This was posted by Justin Kirby on Tuesday, February 8th, 2005 at 9:53 am. Bookmark the permalink.
Subscribe to the RSS feed for all comments on this post.
Your email is never published nor shared.